- Tip length up to 13 µm usable scanning length, tip radius of curvature < 6nm, tip aperture < 7o
- Allowing for ultra-deep (6-10 µm) trench imaging
- Attaining higher quality imaging of extremely steep (>85°) sidewalls
- Creating much more detailed height imaging profiles
- Ascertaining to a higher degree the etch effects on deep trench sidewalls
- Probe Material: Si or GaAs
- Different Metal coatings on the tip: Au, Ag, Pt.
- Sidewall characterization for small pixel infrared Focal-place Array (FPA) detectors.
- Biological samples
Height profile of a 5-µm scan that shows the left sidewall in higher resolution and detail. The inserts show the corresponding AFM topography images