ACTO Scanner : Piezo z-Stage for movement with sub nanometer resolution in vertical direction. Strain gauge readout is provided for this z-Stage to achieve high precession and repeatability.
- Piezo Driver;
- Power supply;
- Readout and Drive electronics(optional);
- Essential Software.
You can use ACTO- scanner:
- As a microscope stage for precise focus control.
- Precise movement of optical elements and specimens.
- Confocal laser microscopy and spectroscopy.
- Near-field Optical microscopy and nano-photonics.
Want to learn more? Contact us about ACTO Scanner!
More information about ACTO Scanner
Price: From 5K
Vertical travel: 15 um
Resolution: better than 1 nm (using 16-bit piezo driver)
Drive voltage: 0 to 100V
Responsivity: 150 nm / V
Capacitance: 1.4 uF
Connection: SMC (please specify male or female), adapters to BNC available
Maximum load: 500 g
Overall dimensions: 1.5” x 1.5” x 1.25” tall
- 4x #1/4-20 clearance holes on a standard 1” optical grid for attachment to the optical table
- 12x #4-40 threaded holes for sample attachment
- Always observe correct polarity on the piezo. If a reverse voltage is applied, the piezo may become permanently depolarized.
- Never exceed the maximum operating voltage.
- Due to the high voltages present during operation, the piezo stage must always be mounted on a properly grounded optical platform.
- Do not operate the stage if the cable or connector appear damaged in any way. Lethal voltages may be present.
- The stage is adjusted for proper preload at the factory. Please consult Actoprobe if adjustments become necessary.
- No tensile load should be applied. The stage will only work under compressive load.
- Avoid mechanical shock. The piezo-crystal may be destroyed upon impact.
- Do not operate or store in a humid environment. Moisture can impact the lifetime of the piezo-ceramic.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the stage.
- The stage is designed for operation in vertical orientation. Performance in any other orientation cannot be guaranteed.
Optional strain gauge readout
All piezos suffer from inherent non-linearities, hysteresis and creep. For all application, where high precision or repeatability are required, we recommend closed loop operation. We therefore offer the z-stage fitted with a strain-gauge which can be read-out with commonly available lock-in amplifiers, such as the Stanford Research Model 830. Alternatively, Actoprobe can supply matching readout and drive electronics.
Drive voltage: 2.5Vrms recommended
Nominal resistance: 350 Ohm
Sensitivity: 125 uV/um (at 2.5V drive)